Addicted to CAS – Reindeer Christmas Card
We’ve been getting our ‘Christmas’ on in the Bennie house hold. It’s certainly feeling like Christmas is really here.
The boys wanted to set up the Christmas tree. So the Christmas music went on loud and the craziness started.
I’d like to say that setting up the tree in our house is like a Hollywood movie … but only if that movie was Gremlins!!
Picture this… Bennie boys running around the house, baubles being bounced and tinsel thrown about. Even Fudge the dog was getting in on the act.
I was able to get everyone in one place at some time to get this family photo and as you can see, the tree finally was trimmed with all the decorations in the right place.
I do love this crazy lot.
Today I’m playing along with Addicted to CAS which is a clean & simple design challenge blog. The code word was ‘dimension’ … which means dimension needed to be the inspiration for my card.
Now Peeps, my worst kept secret – I’m putting my hand up to be on the Addicted to CAS Design Team. I’m dead keen to be a part of a Design Team again and Addicted to CAS is just the inspiration I need. Wish me luck!!
As Christmas is on my mind, I thought a fun Christmas Card was in order. I’m a fool for punch art – and reindeer are ridiculously cute, so I googled a reindeer image and looked at what punches I’d need to make something similar. I love doing that, it’s a great way to invent new punch art.
Here is how I’ve made my reindeer:
- To add that ‘Dimension’ I’ve used the Corrugated Paper in Kraft and punched out 3 2″ Circles, and adhered them together with dimensionals. Lots of depth there.
- Our little buddy needed a red nose… a cute little Rudolf! I’ve used the Red Foil Sheets and my 1″ Circle punch – and my White Gel pen to add a little highlight.
- The Tree Builder punch is super versatile and makes fantastic antlers. Little eyes from the Owl Builder punch and 1/2″ Circle punch ears, which I’ve then cut a little off the top of.
Call to action. Tell me peeps:
- Are you getting into the Christmas spirit? Can you relate to my christmas tree experience?
- Do you like punch art?? Tell me what you like to make?
Retiring List – Don’t forget, we have lots of soon to be retiring items from the Christmas Catalogue. Get prepared for next years Christmas cards … or if you’re like me and your still making Christmas cards for this year, it’s not too late to order and get those done. Click HERE for to see the Christmas Catalogue and order Online.