Addicted to CAS – Design Team
Welcome back to the Addicted to CAS blog Challenge. This week the code word is ‘delicate’ and I thought this stamp set was the perfect one of depicting delicate. It’s Balloon Celebration from the 2106 Occasions Catalogue.
What a fun stamp set….. and one that wouldn’t normally get me thinking of dandelions but there in the Occasions Catalogue one of those amazing Stampin’ Up! artists had used it this way…. I love it when stamp sets are used in a completely different way then you’d expect.
So this is my play on a card in the Occasions Catalogue – it’s actually not so different but I’ve mixed up the colours and sentiment a little.
- Using White Embossing Powder on Versamark’d stamped images. Heat gun until set.
- Using a couple of blues and green inks to water-wash with ink from the lid of the ink pad on to Shimmery White card stock. Dry wash with heat gun to get strong lines around wash.
- Take your’ Night of Navy’ Stampin’ Write Marker and if you have a Spritzer Tool you can use that to create the splatter effect. (or you could use a Aqua painter and dip it in Night of Navy ink and tap it with your finger to get a similar – but more watery effect).
- Layer onto Whisper White card stock on a matt piece and a 10.5cm x 29.8cm card base. Creased at 14.8cms for fold line.
- Stamp the sentiment from the same Balloon Celebration stamp set in Night of Navy onto a 1.5cm stripe of Whisper White card stock and create banner v shape end with snips.
- Finish with a Vintage Button and twine embellishment.
Remember it’s only just 13 days until Sale-A-Bration finishes for another year. Don’t miss out on those lovely gift with purchase stamp sets and products!
- SHOP: Online Anytime AND Earn FREE STAMPS
- SIGN UP: for my Customer Newsletter
- SPECIALS: Clearance Rack - Weekly Deals - Promotions
- VIEW: Carolyn's Youtube Tutorials
Carolyn's Host Code Club is a VERY special additional reward for any of my Online Customers here in Australia, who place an order ‘over’ $50 and ‘under’ $250. Read all about it HERE and note the current host code below.