Today it’s my turn to pick the code word for the Blog Challenge Design Team ‘Addicted to CAS’. So here it is GOLD.
Sympathy cards aren’t something I look forward to making but they’re one of the really important cards to send.
I wanted this card to have gold edges but with a light, almost dreamy feel. The water wash adds to that feeling as well. Perhaps it evokes feelings of heaven, perhaps its like water at the beach. I suppose I just wanted the card to feel peaceful. Does it feel peaceful to you? I hope so.
Heartfelt Sympathy is a stamp set that is soon to be retiring from the Stampin’ Up! range. It’s a set that (unfortunately) is a must-have in my craft supplies. This set has just the right tone to it to convey the messages in my heart which I sometimes find hard to say in words.
Make sure you check out all the other retiring stamps, bundles and well, everything else soon by clicking the banners below and looking in my online shop.
Tips and hints:
- To achieve the gold foil like effect, I’ve swiped my open Versamark pad around the edges of a piece of Shimmery White cards stock (10.5cm x 14.8cms).
- Using Gold Embossing powder I’ve covered all the Versamakered edges and set with my Heat Tool.
- The watercolour wash was made with Coastal Cabana (a soon to be returning colour to the Stampin’ Up! range – June 1st) and my Aquapainters with lots of water painted onto the Shimmery White cardstock. I’ve heat set with my Heat Tool again (I don’t like waiting… impatient).
- I’ve also stamped the sentiment in Versamark and covered in Gold Embossing powder and heat set as well.
- Adhering the piece of Shimmery White cardstock to the full Thick Shimmery White cardstock (21 x 14.8cms and scored half way at 10.5cms).
Carolyn’s Host Code Club is a VERY special additional reward for any of my Online Customers here in Australia, who place an order ‘over’ $50 and ‘under’ $250. Read all about it HERE and note the current host code below.
Like to be inspired by more GOLD cards?? Check out the other members of the Addicted to CAS Design team HERE and especially take a look at the amazing Lee Ann Barrett who is our amazing Guest Design Team member this week. Lee Ann’s card is also a beautiful sympathy card.
Thanks for popping by.
SHOP ONLINE: My Online Store is open 24/7 so if you need any of the supplies to create this project, just click on any of the product photos below and it will take you right to my online store.
QUESTIONS: Do you have any questions? Please leave me a comment 🙂
ARE YOU IN AUSTRALIA & NEED A CATALOGUE?: Please allow me to send you one (if you don’t already have a demonstrator!) Email me with your postal address to : firstname.lastname@example.org