Welcome to the Grand Vacation Achievers Blog Hop for August. This month our theme is the Holiday Catalogue Sneak Peek. We are so excited to be able to show you these amazing BRAND NEW products that you will be able to purchase from September 1st 2016.
You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog – Carolyn Bennie, Australian Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator or may have come from the person previous to me in the list. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects. At the moment you are visiting Carolyn Bennie.
Have you ever made a card, thought yourself a bit clever and then stood back and took a look at it, only to find you’d made a TERRIBLE EMBARRASSING mistake? That’s what happened to me with this card, but I’ll tell you about that in just a bit. Read on….
It didn’t take me long to fall in love with the Cookie Cutter Bundle in the new Holiday Catalogue. Think gingerbread men, reindeer, Santa, teddy’s and even an Eskimo. But what did I see when I looked at the reindeer image? The perfect little kangaroo that’s what! I’ve even been able to create the body from the Cookie Cutter Punch too. I’m so excited.
Here’s a picture tutorial on the Cookie Cutter Punch Kangaroo:
To make Kangaroo head.
- Stamp the reindeer stamp in Black Archival ink on Delightful Dijon card stock.
- Punch out the reindeer stamp with the Cookie Cutter Punch.
- Cut off the antlers and ears with snips. Re-glue ears onto the top position on the head (more like a Kangaroo).
To make Kangaroo body.
- Punch out x 2 Delightful Dijon Cookie Cutter Punch ‘men’.
- Cut out the head and one arm on both Cookie Cutter Punch ‘men’. (see white portion in above centre photo image). These will become the kangaroo’s legs.
- Cut one set of legs off the remaining portions of 1 the Cookie Cutter man. These will be come the little legs.
- Punch out x 2 further Cookie Cutter Punch ‘men’ in Whisper White. Cut off the head – (sounds so mean!) 🙂 , and then cut a slice off one head to be the pouch.
- Punch out 1 Delightful Dijon Jolly Hat Builder Punch (the hat from this punch will become the kangaroo tail).
- Take a sponge dauber and ink the edges of all pieces with Delightful Dijon and Basic Black Ink.
- Adhere all pieces together with Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere head onto body.
Did you see that square pattern behind the kangaroo? Like to know how I made it?
- I’ve used 5 pieces of the Layered Square Framelits and positioned them facing cutter side down on the desk.
- When I’m happy with the position I’ve taped them together across the top with washi tape.
- Pick up the taped framelits and position onto a piece of card stock.
- Run card stock and framelits through the Big Shot with the normal cutting plates and platform suited for framelits.
- Before removing framelits from card stock, tape the back of the cut card stock with Tear & tape.
- Remove framelits from card stock.
The card is then ready to decorate.
Here is a list of all the new products I’ve used in this ‘Thank Roo’ card (roo is short for kangaroo). Put them on your wish list and order them from me on September 1st :
- #143493 Cookie Cutter (Stamp set and punch) Bundle $61.00
- #141847 Jolly Hat Builder Punch $28.00
- #142022 Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper $22.75
- #142025 Halloween Night Enamel Dots $7.00
Now for the TERRIBLE EMBARRASSING MISTAKE??!!
I was thinking that my kangaroo would look great on the card with some ‘bounce’ enamel dots behind her and perhaps a clever sentiment that somehow incorporated a little kangaroo pun. Well….. it turns out that those things together could easily be mistaken for a kangaroo doing a lot of poo and the sentiment didn’t help at all as the ‘R’ didn’t stamp out perfectly and seem to read ‘Thank POO’. Oh my goodness!!!!!!
Do you see it ?? How EMBARRASSING!!! EEEKKKKKKK!!!!
What to do?? Well, I added a few more dots with my Black Stampin’ Write Marker and a few bouncing lines. I also put my White Gel pen to work to make the ‘R’ stand out a little more in the word Roo.
Did it work?????? Call to Action! Tell me in the comments:
- Did you see a bounce or did you see kangaroo poo???
- Can you think of any other uses for my kangaroo idea? What other cards could you use her on?
Look who else has been playing with my Cookie Cutter Punch!!! Fudge the dog!
SHOP ONLINE: My Online Store is open 24/7 so if you need any of the supplies to create this project, just click on any of the product photos below and it will take you right to my online store.
QUESTIONS: Do you have any questions? Please leave me a comment 🙂
ARE YOU IN AUSTRALIA & NEED A CATALOGUE?: Please allow me to send you one (if you don’t already have a demonstrator!) Email me with your postal address to : email@example.com
Thanks for taking part in our blog hop, there are so many amazing ideas and inspiration you don’t want to miss. Remember that currently you are at my blog – Carolyn Bennie, so check the blog hop line up list to see who is next in the list.