Australian Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator – Carolyn Bennie.
It’s Addicted to CAS Design Team day and you’ll love this Code word – CHEERS!
I knew exactly the stamp set I wanted to play with – Stampin’ Up!’s Mixed Drinks. It’s a great set and while I’m using it for a masculine style card, the set can also be for feminine or for kids soda cards too. Look at all the stamps you have in this set:
Mixed Drinks – 27 Photopolymer stamps for $37 Code #141928
I wanted to use two beer glasses facing each other for this card – but it there is just one image of a beer glass in the set. Not a problem, I used the ‘Mirror image’ technique.
Mirror Image Technique
- Stamp your beer glass on to Whisper White cardstock with Archival Black Ink.
- Stamp a second beer image onto a piece of acetate plastic sheet and then turn over the acetate and press the stamped image against the cardstock. I gently rub my finger on the back of the acetate to help release the ink. Just make sure you’re really careful not to move the acetate about so you don’t smudge the image.
- If you’re image hasn’t stamped as dark as you would like, just draw over the line art with permanent black ink.
- Colour as required. I’ve used Crushed Curry Ink for the beer.
To finish off my card I’ve added a light outline in Sahara Sand using my Stampin’ Marker to the glasses. This gives a little depth and interest to the card.
I’ve used Fine Tip Glue to make the froth on the beer a little glossy. I’ve then hand drawn black lines onto smaller strip of cardstock with my Black Stampin’ Write Marker. I love this effect.
Make sure you contact me if you have any questions about this stamp set or any other Stampin’ Up! queries.
Remember Junes fun $45 Bonus Special… read on…..
- Individual customer order (that’s a Host too!) – of $450 or more you automatically get the additional $45 of host rewards (so that would be starting at $90 of rewards !! – Awesome) OR
- Party – Gather your friends together and achieve a qualifying Party Sales of $450 – OR
- Catalogue Party – Gather orders totalling $450 from your crafty friends & family and I’ll pop them in with you as the Hostess!
The new Catalogue is live and we’re loving it. There are so many new and wonderful stamps. Check it out click HERE to see the online PDF.