It’s Addicted to CAS Blog Challenge’s 4th Birthday!! So we’re all celebrating with a ‘Celebrate’ themed card. 4 is my favourite number… it’s good to be 4.
I’m also giving a little ‘sneak peak’ of new Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalogue 2017 products. These Framelits and stamp set will be available to purchase as of the 4th of January ’17 BUT if you join Stampin’ Up! with me you can add this to your joining kit as of December 1st. #stampinup!perk – Love 20% discount on all my purchases. 🙂
Stamping with Framelits
I’ve been playing with a new technique where you ‘stamp’ with the framelits. It had to put on my thinking cap to achieve it with my Stampin’ Up! products but it was totally worth it. Here’s how I did it:
- I’ve taken my new ‘So Detailed Thinlits Dies and dabbed VersaMark all over the back (the side that cuts the cardstock normally).
- After applying my Embossing Buddy all over a piece of Black Cardstock I’ve carefully laid down the Versamark Framelits onto the cardstock. You can even use a little bit of Washi Tape to adhere the framelits in one place and to make sure they don’t move about.
- You’ll need to make a rather unusual Big Shot sandwich…
- First take the new Big Shot Platform (without the adapter sheet),
- Then a Standard Cutting Pad (Acrylic) on top of the platform,
- Grab a Silicone Craft Sheet (yep.. the one that we use to glue things onto) on top.
- At this point put your framelit/cardstock on top of the Silicone craft sheet (Framelit side up)
- Finally another Standard Cutting Pad on top to complete the sandwich. Roll through Big Shot.
Sandwich minus the cardstock and framelits
Silicone Craft Sheet
The effect of this will be that there is a very thin, delicate and detailed VersaMarked image in the shape of the Thinelits.
4. Apply White Embossing Powder over the VersaMark image and heat embossing with your Heat Gun.
5. I’ve completed the same process on the top of the cardstock and used the sentiment in the co-ordiating stamp set ‘So much in love’ with White Embossing as well.
I hope you enjoyed this technique! You could try it with lots of other Stampin’ Up! framelits as well. I’d love to see what you come up with.
SHOP ONLINE: My Online Store is open 24/7 so if you need any of the supplies to create this project, just click on any of the product photos below and it will take you right to my online store.
QUESTIONS: Do you have any questions? Please leave me a comment 🙂
ARE YOU IN AUSTRALIA & NEED A CATALOGUE?: Please allow me to send you one (if you don’t already have a demonstrator!) Email me with your postal address to : email@example.com