I love the cute ‘Kind Koala’ Stampin’ Up! single stamp. Just LOVE IT!!!
That little koala is perfect for an Australian Christmas card. But what could be better then a Koala Christmas card? Well, a koala sitting on a bauble that’s what!
But what if the bauble could move? A swinging Koala on a bauble!!!??? Get out!! Genius!! (even if I do say myself -teehee). Now I had Miley Cyrus’ song ‘Wrecking Ball’ playing in my head. I knew this swinging card just had to happen.
My Koala Swinging Card is my take on the traditional ‘spinner card’.
This is the way it’s done:
- Die cut a bauble from the Delicate Ornament Thinlit Die set #139667 out of card stock with your Big Shot die cutting machine. I’ve used Blushing Bride card stock. I’ve also added a punched circle of Silver Glimmer paper #135314 and used Glue Dot’s to adhere the bauble to the circle of glimmer paper.
- On the back glimmer paper circle, I’ve used a Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere a coin. My husband recently returned from overseas and had a few excess coins from Singapore which are nice and heavy but 2 x 10 cent pieces glued together would do great as well.
- Using the Word Window Punch #119857, punch a slot along the bottom of a 14.4cm x 9.30cm piece of Whisper White card stock.
Tip: If you slide in the punch all the way, you can then just move it sideways along the bottom of the Whisper White Cardstock and you’ll know your slot is going to join up neatly.
- By sliding in one side of the coin at a time, you’ll be able to slip the coin through the slot created by the Word Window punch.
- Colour and cut out 2 Kind Koala Stamped images. I’ve used Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Paper #122959, Aqua Painters #103954 and ink pads in colours Smokey Slate, Basic Grey and Blushing Bride to watercolour with.
- I’ve cut out a little nose using Black Glimmer paper #139605 and used a new (yet to be released product to Stampin’ Up!) Wink of Stella in clear on the ears to complete the top koala image.
- Adhere the top koala to a die cut Bauble with hanging string already attached to the bauble already.
- Put a number of dimensionals on the bottom koala and adhere the two koala’s on top of each other, making sure you wedge the string to in-between the koala’s as well. This will make it look like the Koala is holding on to the string.
- Decorate the front of the card. The ‘Jingle all the way sentiment’ from the stamp set of the same name is perfect for this card.
- Use lots and lots of double thickness dimensionals between the top layer of card stock and the card base.
Tip: Using double dimensionals (two dimensionals stuck on top of each other) will give enough depth for the coin to slide unobstructed between the two layers of Whisper White card stock and create our swinging action.
- When attaching the top of the string of the bauble, make sure your little koala is sitting on either the far left or right of the slot. Adhere the string at the top of the card with tape (inside the top layer). Make sure the koala is off to one side when you adhere the string. This will mean there is enough length of string for the koala to slide easily all the way back and forth in the slot.
See the full list of Stampin’ Up! products used to make this card below. What to order one or more items? Easy – just click on the picture of the item you would like below or go to my online shop HERE. I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator of choice.